The line of foundations that you see on shelves these days are far better than those your mom was using in her early years. The one’s available today are more lightweight and perform multiple skin care jobs. For example, many of these foundations also act as a moisturizer and sun-protection formula for your skin. However, if you wear your foundation wrong, there is definitely no hiding for it!
But we have got you some great tips to apply your foundation right like a pro and make your skin look flawless. Let’s check out them.
- Identify the ideal shade for your skin tone: Although you may have one of the best foundation products, you will never wear it right if the shade doesn’t match your skin tone. A wrong selection of color can make your face look cakey. To avoid this mistake, make sure you try different shades/colors of foundation on your jawline or hand in the day light before you buy one. Take help of a makeup expert if needed to help you select the perfect color for your skin complexion.
- Prep up your skin: First, cleanse your skin and then apply some moisturizer all over the face and neck before you apply foundation. You can apply primer if you want to carry your makeup till late night. Primer can effectively cover up open pores and give your face a smooth matte finish. Anti-aging face primer by Amazing Cosmetics prepares a perfect base for foundation so your makeup will remain intact for all day long. Let your skin absorb the moisturizer for about 5 minutes before you apply foundation.
- Wear it right: Don’t use your fingers. Practice using a brush to apply foundation evenly on your skin. 8 Pieces Makeup Brush Set by BESTOPE is a perfect choice to apply foundation smoothly in circular motions all over the face and neck area. This technique will ensure less use of a product and flawless coverage. You can also use a sponge instead of a brush. Start from the inner area and then move your hand in an outer direction in circular motion. Make sure you apply a thin layer of foundation on ears and over the eyelids as well as lips. And follow one rule, less is more!
- Don’t skip on Concealer: Never use Concealer before applying the foundation. Instead, apply a lighter shade of Concealer after wearing foundation for the celebrity-like finish. Concealing and contouring will highlight the desired area of your face in an impressive way. Apply Concealer on the bridge of your nose, cheeks, forehead and chin. And don’t forget to conceal the area under the eyes. Blend it gently using a sponge. Anastasia Beverly Hills Concealer leverages its amazing hydrating cream formula to give your skin smooth, even and flawless finish.
- Bake your face: If you want to save your makeup from creasing, don’t forget to bake your face. Use a fan brush to dab some blush on your cheekbones. Use a highlighter or a translucent powder above cheekbones, under the eyes, on tip of the nose and other areas you have applied Concealer a minute ago. Leave it for 5-10 minutes and the natural body temperature of your body will finish baking automatically.